Stuffed with a creamy cheese filling, these easy yet elegant cherry tomato bites are fresh, delicious and irresistible for a snack or appetizer.
Cheese-Stuffed Cherry Tomatoes
- 2 wedges The Laughing Cow® Garlic & Herbs
- 12 cocktail tomatoes
- 1/4 cup heavy or whipping (35%) cream
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh basil
- 12 small fresh basil leaves
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- Cut a thin slice off the top of each tomato. Using melon baller or small measuring spoon, hollow out each tomato (reserve pulp for another use). Invert tomatoes onto paper towel to drain for 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, using handheld electric mixer, beat cream until soft peaks start to form. Beat in The Laughing Cow® Garlic & Herbs until smooth and blended. Stir in chopped basil.
- Transfer cheese mixture to piping bag fitted medium star tip.
- Pipe filling into each tomato and garnish each with small basil leaf.
- Tip: Add hollowed-out tomato pulp to soups, sauces and stocks.